NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, INC.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to persons who are legal residents of 1 of the 50 states of USA or Washington, D.C., and at least the age of majority or older at the time of entry in this Sweepstakes. Entrants must have a valid Facebook®, Twitter® or Instagram® account in order to enter. Employees of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., their affiliates (individually and collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and stepfamily) and people living in same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter: During the Entry Period visit www.stanleytools.com/stanleysweeps. Entrants must take a photo or record an animated GIF at the Stanley Tools booth at South By Southwest, Austin, TX, during the Entry Period, featuring the Stanley logo anywhere in it and send the photo or animated GIF via Twitter to “@StanleyTools, via Instagram @officialstanleytools or on Facebook at Facebook.com/stanleytools with #StanleySweeps2017. Each qualifying eligible entry submitted as stated herein during the Entry Period is referred to as an “Entry”. Each entrant is limited to one (1) Entry. All Entries must be in compliance with these Official Rules, original to the entrant, reflect the entrant’s personal experience or observation, and cannot contain any objectionable content, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The entrant agrees to assign and hereby does assign all ownership rights to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to edit Entry materials, in its sole and absolute discretion, before posting or publishing them or to remove any Entry materials that are not in compliance with these Official Rules. All Entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and may not be acknowledged. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook®, Twitter® or Instagram® account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Facebook®, Twitter® or Instagram® account by Facebook, Inc. Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, Inc. An Entry will be disqualified if it is illegible, forged, falsified, altered or improperly tampered with in any way.
3. Random Drawing: The random drawing on March 16, 2017 at 10 PM ET. The two (2) Entries drawn will each be declared the “Winners”. Entrants need not be present to win. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries entered for the drawing. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the potential winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized Twitter account holder submitted at time of entry. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. Notification and Claim of Prize: Each potential Winner will be contacted by Sponsor via direct message on Facebook®, Twitter® or Instagram® one (1) day after the random drawing is held. The potential Winner will be required to claim prize by sending a response to the direct message and provide his/her contact information within ten (10) days after Sponsor’s first notification attempt – failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is not received by potential Winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, the potential Winner does not respond to notification and claim prize as required herein, is found to be ineligible or not complied with these Official Rules, declines prize (or any part) for any reason prior to award or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize and an alternate potential Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion from amongst all remaining eligible Entries. To be declared the official Winner, the potential Winner must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with these Official Rules. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. The potential Winner must, within the above ten (10) day period, complete, personally sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) confirming such potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Sweepstakes and their possession, use or misuse of the prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder.
5. Prize: The prize is one (1) Stanley FatMax 25 Ft. Tape Rule (model # 33-725) having approximate retail value of $19.99. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for credit or cash. The prize will be shipped to each Winner at their USA street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via Sponsor’s preferred carrier. If any prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason whatsoever. Income and other taxes on each prize (if any) are the sole responsibility of each Winner. The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $159.92. [GJ1]
6. Publicity Release: Acceptance of the prize constitutes the Winner's permission for Sponsor to use the Winner's name, photograph, image (still or video), likeness, voice, audio, biographical information, statements, testimonial, personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof), prize awarded, address (city and state) and prize information (collectively, "Attributes") for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notice or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and the Winner agrees to release Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. General Release and Conditions: BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc. Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, Inc., Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and their respective past and present officers, members, directors, representatives, agents, employees, affiliates, licensees, parent companies, affiliates, owners and shareholders (individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (or any part); and (B) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Sweepstakes itself. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The headings of the paragraphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of Sponsor, the scope of these Official Rules, or the intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including in print or online, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize or Winner. Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; and/or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and any such amendment will be located on the designated landing page. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
8. Release of Claims (California): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Sweepstakes and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Sweepstakes. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. Disqualification/Force Majeure: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Sweepstakes as contemplated here. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Grand Prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated here by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non- suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Grand Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Connecticut; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut
11. Winners List: To obtain these Official Rules or list of Winners, send a self-addressed envelope to #StanleySweeps, Stanley Tools, 701 E. Joppa Rd, Towson MD 21286 ATTN: J. Greene. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by June 30, 2017.