STANLEY National Tape Measure Day –GIVEAWAY 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are legal residents of (a) one of the 50 states of the USA or Washington, DC and are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry; or (b) Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence as of the time of entry (excluding those residents in the Province of Quebec who are not eligible to enter this Giveaway). Entrants must have a valid Facebook® account in order to enter. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., their affiliates (individually and collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members), and/or people living in the same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing will be held by a representative of the Sponsor at or about 12:00 AM ET on July 15, 2017. The Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM OF PRIZE: The potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via e-mail, telephone or mail (based on information provided in their Entry) within 5 days after the end of the Entry Period. The potential Winner must claim the prize by returning to Stanley Tools a completed and personally signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is not received by the potential Winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, the potential Winner does not respond to notification and claim prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules, declines the prize (or any part) or does not provide information necessary for Sponsor to award prize, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit any prize in this Giveaway. If the potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner from amongst all remaining eligible Entries.
USA RESIDENTS ONLY: If a potential Winner is a resident of the USA, within the above-stated 10-day period they will be required to complete, personally sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) confirming such potential Winner’s compliancewith these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Giveaway and their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY: Each potential Winner who is a resident of Canada must, within ten (10) days of accepting and claiming the prize: (a) correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance; and (b) complete, personally sign and return to STANLEY TOOLS a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release confirming such potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Giveaway and their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder.
5. PRIZE: The prize is one (1) STANLEY DualLock Tape Measure:
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
STANLEY DualLock Tape Measure (STHT36031S)
TOTAL ARV OF PRIZE:
The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable and has no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the prize (or any part of a prize) for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each Winner is solely responsible for federal, state/provincial and local income and other taxes on the prize and all costs and expenses incurred in their entering this Giveaway and accepting, claiming and using the prize awarded. Each prize will be awarded only if the respective potential Winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Each Winner should allow 4-6 weeks before the prize is shipped to them after they have completed and returned the required documentation to Sponsor (as set forth above). Each prize will be mailed to the Winner’s street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via regular ground mail.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the prize constitutes Winner's permission for Sponsor to use Winner's name, photograph, video, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state/province) (collectively, "Attributes") for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and releases Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this GIVEAWAY, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless Giveaway Entities, Facebook, Inc., Giveaway prize suppliers, all other individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s claim, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize (or any part); and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s claim, use and/or misuse of prize (or any part). Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in Giveaway; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to depiction of prize (or any part) or announcement of Winner.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding any prize or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any of the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
11. WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or Winners’ List, send a self-addressed envelope to Stanley National Tape Measure Day Giveaway– 2017, 701 E. Joppa Road, Mail Stop No. TW230, Towson, MD 21286 – Attn.: J. Greene. All such requests must be received by August 1, 2017.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.