- What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other Sites and what choices do you have?
- Does Stanley Black & Decker share your information with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?
- How does Stanley Black & Decker secure your information on its Sites?
- How can I contact Stanley Black & Decker?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information
- we observe or collect information through technology
- we receive information about you from third parties; and
- we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
See the sections below for more information.
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
We may allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so. This information may include information such as the following:
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later.
You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our Site features.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
a. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear
- Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information (such as IP address and postal code) that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Where to Buy and Store Locator. Our Sites may allow you to search for the nearest store that offers the Stanley Black & Decker product that you want and whether such nearby stores have certain of our items in stock. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores carrying our products. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
- Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites. This section applies to additional personal information that may be collected, used, and disclosed related to our Bluetooth® enabled products and related Sites (collectively our “Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites”). If you access our Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites through a mobile device, we may collect and use your mobile device’s location services and Bluetooth® capabilities to identify the date, time and location of your mobile device when it was last in Bluetooth® range of a registered, Bluetooth® Enabled Product. This is done to assist you in locating a registered Bluetooth® Enabled product. We may also collect location information about your registered Bluetooth® Enabled product as sent to us via other users’ mobile devices, and location information about other users’ registered Bluetooth® Enabled products as sent to us via your mobile device. (Bluetooth® is a registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Stanley Black & Decker is under license).
If you do not consent to have your browser provide location information or you disable location-based services on your mobile device, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip or postal code; if you chose not to provide this information you may not be provided with content specific to your location and some features of the Sites may not be available. See the “What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
- Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- items you put into your shopping cart and whether you purchase any or all of those items
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites
Information Obtained From Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Sites or Social Media Pages. For example, we use a third party to collect and process job applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain our customer database based in the U.S.A. and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn).
Information Collected on Stanley Black & Decker’s Social Media Pages
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Websites.
We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites
- serving tailored ads on other sites, as described below
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your use of our Sites
- determining return visitors
- keeping track of items in your cart
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
We contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click any of the following: DAA Opt Out click here and the DAAC Opt Out click here. By clicking either of these links, you will then leave our Site for other online sites where you may specify your preferences under those opt-out programs. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies.
You should also note that our systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” headers from some or all browsers.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties. We may share your personal information with the following:
- where permitted by law, to our affiliates and brands so that they can provide information to you about their products, which includes the affiliates listed under “Scope” above and those specified at http://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/contact/contact-us.
- our affiliates and third party service providers in the US and Canada in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following:
- facilitating your purchase
- assisting in servicing our products
- helping you exchange products
- providing and improving our communications with you
- responding to requests to our investor relations
- cloud based and hosting services
- our licensees (USA only)
- as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If Stanley Black & Decker were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties, but none of this data is connected to an individual’s personal information.
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
a. Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as order/shipping confirmations or customer service communications.
b. Location Information:
(i) Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
(ii) Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
(iii) Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the "Email" section above.
c. Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please email us at http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/support/contact-us and tell us that you want to be removed from the Stanley Black & Decker postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
If you are using one of our Sites with an online store, we designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information while it is being transmitted to us. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Sites. We also use firewalls and have implemented other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
While we implement the above security measures on our Websites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
Effective as of: November 15, 2016