SUMMARY: Stanley introduces a new line of STANLEY® FatMax® masonry chisels, cold chisels and punches for the professional mason and metalworker. This comprehensive offering features high-quality product design and construction including one-piece forgings, chrome vanadium steel, 1-1/2” hardened cutting edges, bi-material hand guards and high-visibility finishes.
NEW BRITAIN, CT, October 1, 2006 - Stanley introduces a new performance driven line of STANLEY® FatMax® masonry chisels, cold chisels and punches for the professional mason and metalworker. The new offering features high-quality construction and a number of design features to improve performance and comfort when working with the tools.
Specific product features for the new STANLEY® FatMax® masonry chisel, cold chisel and punch line include:
- One-piece forgings from chrome vanadium steel for optimal strength, durability and performance. Unlike STANLEY® FatMax® chisels and punches, competitive products often use lower grade steel, resulting in frequent sharpening. Stanley’s precision hardening also meets or exceeds ASME specifications.
- Precise, hardened cutting edges 1” to 1-1/2” from the cutting edge to ensure optimal cutting accuracy and efficiency.
- Bi-material hand guards for outstanding comfort and protection from a hammer overstrike.
- High-visibility and premium powder coat finish reduces time searching for lost tools and increases productivity.
The lineup for this new STANLEY® offering includes the following tools and is available wherever STANLEY® hand tools are sold:
- STANLEY® FatMax® Electrician’s Chisel
- STANLEY® FatMax® Mason’s Chisel
- STANLEY® FatMax® Brick Set
- STANLEY® FatMax® Cold Chisel
- STANLEY® FatMax® Concrete Chisel
- STANLEY® FatMax® Floor Chisel
- STANLEY® Utility Chisel
- STANLEY® Center Punch
- STANLEY® Pin Punch
- STANLEY® Prick Punch
- STANLEY® Starter Punch
The new STANLEY® FatMax® line of chisels and punches is attractively packaged in an open face polypropylene case that encourages end users to touch and feel the product at retail while helping save valuable in-store wall space with its stiff, non-sagging, case construction.
The Stanley Works (NYSE: "SWK") is a worldwide supplier of consumer products, industrial tools and security solutions. Consumer products include hand tools, mechanics tools, tool storage, and hardware. Industrial tools include fastening systems, industrial mechanics tools and tool storage, auto assembly tools, storage systems, professional laser measuring and leveling tools and hydraulic attachments. Security Solutions includes the integration and supplying of security systems and access control solutions, including automatic door and locking systems for commercial applications. The Stanley Works utilizes the Stanley Fulfillment System, its proprietary comprehensive continuous improvement program, to achieve total satisfaction wherever our processes touch our customers.
Our innovative Consumer and Industrial products help people utilize their skills, express their creativity and realize their visions on work sites around the globe. Brand names include Stanley®, FatMax®, Husky®, Goldblatt®, Bostitch®, Jensen®, Mac®, Proto®, La Bounty®, Vidmar®, CST®, David White® and ZAG®. Our Security Solutions brands include Stanley®, Best®, Blick® and Frisco Bay®.